Monday, March 29, 2010

Ally is THREE!!

Our little doll is THREE and we celebrated with family at her Barbie-themed party. I always allow my kids to pick the "theme," which usually revolves around some cake they want. I do not profess to be a fantastic baker, but I always give it a try! After much research, I figured out how to make Ally's much-desired "Barbie" cake. I'll post instructions later, because I know how difficult it was to find directions when I was searching.

ANYHOO...what a busy day we had!! Both boys had their first baseball games, threw Ben's piano recital in there, then we finished the day celebrating the three years we've had with our daughter. A big thanks to all the family who could be here - Nannie & Papa (my parents); Amy & Mason; Grammy & Pop (Cory's parents); Kevin, Keresa, Savannah, Simone, & Brody.

I gave Ally the dollhouse that Grandaddy made for Amy and I when we were little. This dollhouse is over 30 years old..it needed a facelift. When I can find an original pic of the house, I'll post it. Thank you, Grandaddy!! She loves it!




Our prayer for Ally: Dear Lord - Please guide us in showing Ally how to have a heart for YOU and instilling in her the desire to share with others what it means to be a child of God. Our number one goal in her life is to have a precious, intimate relationship with you -- all else is just fluff!! Be with her as she grows, that she will build her confidence on knowing YOU made her beautiful and it's what is in her heart that counts. Give her a heart of compassion, like that of Jesus. Give her Godly friends, but give her the strength & desire to become a disciple of Your Word. Thank you for this precious gift. We know that she is YOURS and we humbly appreciate the privilege of calling her OURS as well.

1 comment:

Blessed Mommy of 2 said...

Hey! That is the cutest cake! I can't wait for a tutorial. I have the pampered chef bowl. ;-)
I passed a blog award on to you today. Check out my blog to see:
http://hanlonfamilyo4.blogspot.com/2010/03/happy-1st-blog-award.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails