Monday, July 23, 2012

school supplies..oh joy

I'm one of those weirdos who LOVES some new school supplies! Nothin' sweeter to me than a fresh, clean spiral notebook...oh, the possibilites!

Our church has a community ministry and we have adopted a local school. Next week, we will host a luncheon in honor of the teachers & staff, just to let them know that we are here to support them as community partners. I made a school supplies tower, fashioned after those fun diaper cakes, as a centerpiece for the food table. Then, we will send this tower o'school stuff back to the school w/them to display in the main office or use as they wish.


We also made some school-themed coasters as favors, using 4x4 subway tiles. I'll take a photo once we get them wrapped up and possibly post a tutorial. So easy & fun!
Oh joy! School is here!

Linking up here:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fantastic center piece and gift. Looking forward to the coasters, they are such a hit. Found you at doodles and stitches.

Unknown said...

Joy, this is so awesome! I LOVE this idea. I miss you my friend! I cannot wait to get together now that school is starting and hopefully we can carve out some time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails