Friday, June 11, 2010

chef day - summer journal entry #2

This was another attempt at a 'purposeful' summer activity.  I declared it CHEF DAY and the kids made breakfast, lunch, & dessert.  If I had known they would enjoy making their OWN food, I would've been doing this a long time ago (ha).  We had a few friends over at lunch time by the pool, so they joined in on the fun.  When the day was over, I asked Jake & Ben to draw a picture or design a menu.  I'll take pics of their journals & try to remember to add them.  Jake said it was "the best day of his life." Now isn't that FINDING JOY IN THE LITTLE THINGS? 

I made 8 1/2 x 11 placemats for all the kids. 
(front view) 
back view

pizzas by the pool!
ingredients we used:
flat pita bread for crusts
pizza sauce, divided into individual containers
pepperoni, bacon bits, shredded chicken, pizza cheese
proud of their pizzas!!

cookie! cookie! we all scream for cookie!
(sorry..pic is sideways, but you get the idea)
they ARE creative, aren't they?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails