Saturday, February 25, 2012

joyfully reading

Reading has not always been my strong suit but in my adult years, have learned to enjoy a good book series. Strangely enough, our oldest son can be found every evening at bedtime with his nose in a book. He loves a good series too. His love of reading really began with the Percy Jackson series and, recently, the Hunger Games series.

Like any parent would, I tried showing interest in what he was reading by asking questions. One time, after I asked more questions than I guess he wanted to answer, my 12 year old says to me, "Why don't YOU read it and we'll go see the movie together?" The movie will be released on March 23rd.

The book series has a huge following and it's going to be BIG!  I started the first book over Christmas break and had no problem flipping through it in a few days but haven't made it all the way through the 2nd book. He cannot wait for me to finish, but I'm thankful for the opportunity to share something special with my young fella.

Speaking of reading...Did you know next week is NEA's National 'Read Across America' Day? The LORAX is the book that has been selected. You can read more about it here. I thought I'd share some of the projects I created last year for my daughter's preschool class for Dr. Seuss Week. I love Seuss stuff!! So colorful and fun!

These are some marshmallow pops that I made with wooden dowels & jumbo marshmallows, decorated with a little squirt frosting...super easy! I put some floral foam down in the bottom of the bucket & pressed the dowels into the foam. An afterthought I had was that some aqua tissue paper would've been cute to stick out of the bucket, mimicking the "Thing" hair. I also created some water bottle labels.

CLICK THE LINK ABOVE THE IMAGE FOR YOUR *FREE* DOWNLOAD.
Dr Seuss Water Bottle[1]

Visit here again for more *free* water bottle labels. Now...GO AND READ!

3 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 4 post on Aug. 12, 2012. Thanks again.

From the Inside Out said...

OMG this is super cute. This would be perfect for meet the teacher. How might i access the download for the water bottle labels.

Unknown said...

If you'll email me at coryjoyw@hotmail.com, I'll email to you. Had to delete for copyright purposes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails